Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A picture, a poem

by Bett Norris

 These are the imagined treasures of Sylvia Plath, tragic American poet and novelist, hand drawn by Bett Norris. If you aren't familiar with the work of Sylvia Plath, I would say read her, but I would add a caveat: her poetry can be dark, and 'The Bell Jar', Plath's most well-known novel, even more so. The author battled with depression throughout her life, and lost in the end, and this quiet authority of knowledge soaks through her writings.

This artwork is one of the reasons I love Etsy in particular (and the internet in general) so much. With a little searching, you can find the most wonderful things. You can find things that are so carefully thought of, so lovingly made, so bang on the money that it's as though they were made for you. 

This week I've jumped into my new studies with gusto. This is my opportunity to see if I really have an uncut gem of skill inside me, or just a big lump of rock. I'm keen, I tell ya!

Ooops! Silly me, forgot the title of this post! There is a picture, but no poem! The poem I wished to use is 'Ennui', a big old shoulder shrug of a poem. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...