Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I heart Australia Post


I mean it! After trying to send a couple of postcards from a post office in Rome, and getting home before they did, I developed an even greater adoration for AP. Cam and I had one of those old married couple discussions over the local newspaper this morning about the price of stamps increasing to 60c. He said 'Didn't they go up to 55c just a while ago?' and I commenced my monologue about the incredible magic of placing a tiny square of sticky paper onto a larger piece of paper with written directions on it, and sending it into an enormous system filled with millions of other little bits of paper with directions on them, and knowing that your one little missive will find its way!
I've always been a letter sender. Invites, thank yous, "I was just thinking aboutcha"s. Knowing that sometimes my sister will get home from a long day of work to be greeted by a colourful envelope filled with things to make her smile, makes me feel good.
And opening a parcel of loveliness from my latest Etsy obsession? That's a bundle of all my favourite things - Australia Post, shopping, supporting handmade, and making new connections.
When I opened the parcel from Tammy at Boorah Designs, and saw the cuteness inside, I just had to take a photo. It's hidden now, waiting for Pom Pom's birthday, but I know she's going to love it.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear you loved your purchase. It always makes my day when I hear that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. doesnt mail make everything better??!? i share your joy in the magic of mail :)

    you should definately host an op shop formal! it is super fun and a great excuse to buy a fabulous vintage dress :)

    kel x

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...